It is National Taco Day!!! Celebrate with something different: “Feisty Buffalo Tacos”. Try these flavorful tacos made with Wild Buffalo Sirloin or Strip Steak, a marinade which highlights Willow Seasonings’ Feisty Lime Seasoning, and delicious toppings! This recipe is super easy to whip together and a great way to turn your buffalo, or other game meat, into a family favorite. If game is not available, you can use a beef skirt steak or sirloin. Willow Seasonings and Blends is a Colorado based company. You can get this sauce, and any of their products at BBQ outlets across the front range and outside the state, as well as on line at www.willowseasonings.com.
Feisty Buffalo TacosCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
These are a great twist on what would be a beef taco. Using buffalo makes it leaner, and gives a great game flavor.
2-3 pounds wild buffalo sirloin or strip steak,
2 quarts orange juice
4 limes (2 juiced and zested, 2 sliced for serving)
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons Willow Seasonings Feisty Lime seasoning
2 bunches of cilantro, chopped
1 white onion, chopped
- Mix 2 tablespoons of Feisty Lime Seasonings with 2/3 cup water and whisk till blended.
- Combine the Feisty Lime mixture, orange juice, 2 juiced and zested limes, garlic, and one bunch of cilantro into a large container or sealable bag. If the meat is a thicker cut, slice so it is less than 3 inches thick. Marinade meat for a minimum of 6 hours, up to 24 hours. Keep refrigerated.
- When ready to cook, preheat pellet grill to 225 degrees F. Remove meat from marinade and add salt. Smoke until internal temperature reaches around 100 to 110 degrees F. Once it reaches that temperature, sear with cast iron in butter or oil until internal temperature reaches 125-135 degrees F.
- Slice the meat cross-grain, then chop and add salt. Top a warm tortilla with meat, onion, cilantro, and salsa verde. Serve with lime. Add other toppings as desired.
- Enjoy with a good margarita!!