Recently I was a guest on a regional show: Colorado Sports Connection for a pregame show before a Broncos Game. I was ordered to come up with a game day munchy, so IT WAS ON.
I love to smoke wings, so instead of using just my favorite rubs, Willow Seasonings, I took their seasonings, rubs and sauces and fused them to make an Asian Wing dish and a Mexican Fusion Wing.
It was fun, and tasty, hope you enjoy
Feisty Lime Wings With an Avocado CrèmeCourse: AppetizersCuisine: Mexican FusionDifficulty: Easy
20 Chicken Wings-trimmed, separated, and patted dry
Willow Seasonings High Elevation Rub
Willow Seasonings Feisty Lime Seasoning
- Crème Sauce
2 tsp Willow Seasonings Feisty Lime Seasoning
20 fresh basil leaves (about a hand full)
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
4 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat Smoker to 220
- Cover wings with High Elevation, then Feisty Lime seasonings, in that order and to taste, and place in smoker
- Spritz wings every half hour with apple juice if desired, to open up meat pores
- Combine all ingredients of crème sauce to blender and blend to a smooth sauce and set aside
- When wings are done, about a1 1/2 -2 hours, remove them, and serve with the crème on the side or drizzled over them...enjoy
Asian Sweet Smoked WingsCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
20 Chicken wings, separated, trimmed, patted dry
- Dipping Sauce
1/3 cup of Willow Seasonings Sweet Thing BBQ Sauce
2 cloves garlic
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
2 tablespoons course ground mustard
1/2 tsp ground dry ginger
- Set smoker to 225 and High Smoke
- Apply the combinations of rubs, High Elevation first, then Sweet Smoke to desired taste and strength, and place wings on top shelf of smoker.
- Spritz wings with apple juice every 30 minutes, if desired.
- Combine all ingredients up to sesame seeds into bowl and mix.
- When wings are about 30 minutes from completion, apply a light glaze of the sauce to them
- Remove wings from smoker, about a total cooking time of 1 1/2 - 2 hours and serve with sauce on side.